Wednesday, June 23, 2010

JAY-Z and RICK ROSS to testify

The real Rick Ross, former drug king Freeway Ricky Ross, has officially filed suit against againt not only Maybach Musik boss Rick Ross, but also Jay-Z. The paperwork was filed in a California federal courthouse and it is becoming apparent that he is trying to block the release of the upcoming "Teflon Don" album, adding Jay-Z to the suit for his culpability in sign Rick Ross to Def Jam records. Both Rick Ross and Jay-Z will have their day in court as both are required to testify in front of a judge as to why Freeway Ricky Ross should not be granted a temporary restraining order.

The legal documents were accompanied by a temporary restraining order for preliminary and permanent injunction relief to block the release of Ross’ forthcoming album Teflon Don. Rapper Jay-Z, Maybach Music Group, Slip-N-Slide Records and UMG Recordings are also named in the lawsuit as defendants.

“I just want my name back. I don’t want to have to be ‘the real Rick Ross.’ When I go places I have to explain to people that I am the real one because Def Jam has put him on TV and now people recognize him. It causes a conflict,” Freeway Ricky explained. “It ain’t really against William Roberts [Rick Ross] you know what I’m saying?”